Well, I suppose I have officially hit adulthood or something because I officially admit to liking brussels sprouts. You know, those things kids usually turn their noses up at. But alas, my "nose turning" at brussels sprouts has ended, thanks to a very tasty recipe from one of my favorite restaurants in Greenville, SC that we eat at occasionally when we travel there for work.
So since I thought some of you might like to get on the brussels sprouts bandwagon, I thought I would share three of my favorite brussels sprouts recipes for your tasting pleasure.
Before getting to the recipes, I should mention that I originally priced sprouts at the grocery store and they were a little more than I wanted to pay. But then one day I was at Costco browsing their produce and saw a large bag for only $4! So, if you are looking for somewhere to buy your sprouts at a more affordable price-try Costco! (I realize that when you divide how much a Costco membership cost over the price of everything we buy there in a year's time, combined with the fact that I can never seem to get out of there without spending $100 may not make the items purchased there "cheaper," but enlighten me….) (I should also mention that I realize I shop at Costco when we are feeding a mere two and not a family of oh say ten or twelve, but we go through a lot of food, and I cook for four most meals….that is a different blog for a different day, but it basically sums up to the fact that my husband is on some protein kick where he only eats a can of tuna (gross) and yogurt for lunch and is starving when he gets home) (I should also note that when he says he is "starving" I sometimes (most of the time) remind him that African children are starving, he simply hasn't eaten in 4 hours….)
So without further adieu, the recipes:
1) The Lazy Goat Recipe: This is the recipe that turned my taste buds onto brussels sprouts. Were it not for the lazy goat and their delicious brussels sprouts, I would not have gained the courage the branch out, try them, and play around with the following two recipes below. I have only made this recipe once because some of the ingredients are pricey, and it takes a little bit of time. But if you have the time and money, it is well worth it. Also, I made it with asiago and bacon to give it a slightly less expensive flair, and that was good too!
Side Note: if you are ever in Greenville, SC, give The Lazy Goat a try-it is on the river, has a nice atmosphere and, is very delicious! It is a little pricier than my usual dining dig, but I like to simply eat appetizers and there are enough to share and fill you up! A few of my other favorites are fried goat cheese and toasted garlic shrimp. Oh and olives. I like to get olives. I'm salivating as I write. Why is The Lazy Goat so far away???? Where is that lazy goat when you need her?
2) Soy Sauce Brussels Sprouts: I made these with pork chops rubbed in soy sauce and brown sugar, so it was a good side for that dinner (along with some brown rice). Very tasty.
3) Balsamic Vinegar Brussels Sprouts: These are the ones I cook most of the time. They are super tasty and SUPER easy and quick. I cook these probably once a week with some seasoned chicken (my favorite is to marinate the chicken in Italian dressing) and some couscous. SO yummy. I usually just cut up half a bag, toss them in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar and bake them for 15-20 minutes. They are delicious!
So that's all for the sprouts recipes! Side note: I had no clue brussels sprouts had an "s" on the end of "brussel" until this blog. Which led me to thinking of saying that three times fast before signing off….and made me think of how grateful I am that I don't have a lisp because that is a hard word to say…...okay enough shenanigans…….
Happy Cooking and Until Next Time….Be Blessed………….
No comments:
Post a Comment