Friday, February 1, 2013

Learning "Eucharisteo"

Eucharisteo. It means grace, joy, thanksgiving. I started reading Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts" a few days ago. It has been on my list for a few weeks. So, when I got a Barnes and Noble gift card in the mail, I knew exactly what I was going to spend it on. If it were not for Husband, errands, work, laundry, and dishes, I might have read it in one sitting. From the first moment I cracked open the book, I have not been able to put it down. Perhaps it is because my heart was ready, longing to hear what Ann has to say in her book. She talks about learning to live a live of eucharisteo. So, today marks the official day of learning to live a life of eucharisteo. Not just a life of thanksgiving. Not just a life of joy. Not just a life of grace. But a life deeply entrenched in every character of this word. I am excited about this journey. I am ready for this journey. I need this journey.

Ann talks about making a list of things that you are grateful throughout the day. While I will not share my list every day, I thought I would share the start of my list today. Here is to a life of eucharisteo.

  • new neighbors
  • putting make-up on just because
  • a note on the counter from Husband when I wake up
  • refreshing showers
  • new books
  • gift cards to buy new books
  • inspirational writing
  • the start of a new month
  • new beginnings
  • discontentment that leads to new beginnings
  • fresh fruit smoothie to start my day
  • the feeling of the cold smoothie on my throat
  • spring on the horizon
  • work from home
  • a flexible schedule
  • living near family
  • bridal dress fittings
  • pure whiteness of a wedding gown, symbolizing purity
  • flannel shirts, plaid flannel shirts
  • a productive day ahead
  • an elderly man at the grocery store walking out with flowers to take home to his love
  • husbands that still date their wives and enjoy it
  • a note from Husband telling me he looks forward to dating this weekend
  • busy weeks so that I can look forward to a relaxing weekend
  • the weekend on the horizon
  • everything the weekend ahead holds
Until next time........be blessed...and pick up a copy of "One Thousand Gifts." It will not disappoint...

No comments: