This past week at work was MUCH better! I am finally getting into the groove of things and figuring out my place in the office. Everyone in the office has started calling me the business counselor...mainly because everyone that calls feels like telling me their entire life story, not leaving out a single embarrassing or gory detail. At least it keeps things interesting and makes the time not creep by so slow. I am not sure what it is about me that makes complete strangers confide the details of their life in me. I will say that I prayed this past week for the Lord to show me how He can use me at work, but I never would have thought it would include listening with a counselor's ear at a real estate investment firm...
Friday night, we made the trek back to Baylor for parents weekend! We had dinner with Mel and some of her friends and their parents at none other than Ninfas! Mexican food is my favorite, so Ninfa's is always a welcomed delight! We then made a girls weekend trek to Bedford so Mel and Jen could meet Baby Riley! We had so much fun having a girls day with our cousin, grandma, aunt, each other, and the new baby! Mom made more bows, so naturally, I put each one one her head, while oooing and awing. I almost put her in my purse and brought her home with me...those bows are TOO CUTE, especially on her precious little head!You always wonder what a baby will look like when its in the belly of a friend or family member, but I never would have thought she would be THIS cute! Here is some proof of my mother's amazing bow-making talent and just how cute they/she really are/is. These are just a few of the bows...and pictures...


Tomorrow (Sunday) a good friend and her mom are coming to church and lunch. I am very excited about seeing them both and know that it will be good times! Then, I will make the trek to Austin to my Bible Study. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this women's Bible Study. I have learned so much about myself, who the Lord is, and about Biblical womanhood. It has only been three weeks, and I have been challenged spiritually on a level that I have never been challenged before. And, I have met some amazing girls that are in the same place that I am in life. I never would have thought it would be this much of a blessing in my life! This week we are learning about women's roles according to the Bible and submission....I am looking forward to it, but am praying that the Lord can open my heart to teach me what I need to learn from this complicated, and slightly controversial issue in society among Christian women, men, and churches in today's world. I will let you know how it goes.....
Well, I am going to peace out for the night....football is calling my name!Until next time be blessed!
1 comment:
i am so proud... i miss you ames! i love you!
Post a Comment