So the past few days have been good! Today as I drove home, I was talking to my father about a few things that have been going on in my life. The past seems to keep revisiting me and it has been an emotional time, but also a time of healing and rejuvenation in my life. Anyways, as I sat there and talked with Dad about my day, the conversation turned once again to how I am doing. My father has an interesting way of saying the right thing at the right time. His words usually contain a level of wisdom, which usually leaves me pondering. So, I thought that I would share Dad's wise words for the day with the rest of you: "Amy, it is time for you to make history, and stop trying to relive it." Now, I don't know about you, but for me this is revolutionary advice! So many times I catch myself getting so caught up in the past: how to change it, how to go back to it, how to redo it. No matter how badly I want to, the past is in the past....it is time to move ahead...so I might as well try to make history while I am forging on as opposed to reliving it!
This leads me to an update of the events in my life most recently. This past weekend was very eventful. Friday night, I met Mom and Dad for dinner after work. We shopped a bit and then met Jenni for a movie. Now for most of you this sounds like a normal Friday night, but for me it was rather odd. We saw "A Night in Rodanthe", and it was NOTHING like I expected it to be. It started out good...and ended BAD! Overall, this movie was great, but for me it was an emotional roller coaster. All I can say is that if you tend to cry during movies, don't go see this one. I usually do not cry in movies, and I cried through most of it...maybe it was the long week...who knows...
Now for the explanation of the pictures of me with a baby. For those of you wondering, no, I did not have a child...Saturday afternoon, Mom and I made a mad dash to DFW because my cousin had her baby two weeks early! She had a baby girl named Riley Nicole. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces. She is the MOST PRECIOUS little girl you have ever seen...I'm not biased or anything...I got to hold her for hours and never wanted to let her go. At this stage in my life, I am convinced that the best kind of babies are the ones that you can love on, cuddle, dress up, feed, spoil, and then give back to their mother! My mom made some bows to take to her, so I took it upon myself to try every single one of the bows on her little bitty head. Her grandpa didn't like the idea for fear of squeezing the baby's genius brains out, but me and Riley's mom enjoyed it thoroughly. It added some entertainment and Riley was a hit among the nurses! All I can say is that this little bundle of joy came into this world in style! Here are some pictures of her to capture your heart...
So, Baby Riley came into this world and history was made! A baby is a beautiful miracle from the Lord...it is also a constant reminder to me signifying the hope of a new beginning, a thought that brings peace to my heart during this transitional phase of my life! As you can tell, she is adorable, the bows are precious, and our home has officially become a bow-making sweat shop (minus the small children)! I am slightly obsessed with Riley! I guess she is a second cousin, but because of my relationship with my cousin, I feel like an extremely proud aunt!
As you can tell, my week has been much better than last! Work is getting significantly better and busier day by day which is a HUGE blessing to someone who cannot stand sitting still at a computer for hours! God keeps reminding me in small and large ways that I still have so much to learn! I hope that each one that reads this is having a fantastically wonderful week! Until next time be blessed and take your turn in making history, instead of living in it!!!
1 comment:
Aw yay cute baby! Ryan's sister had her baby Saturday too and we spent our weekend at the hopsital! I love you Ames!
Post a Comment