Friday, September 6, 2013

Very, Very, Very Afraid.....

Today's prompt is to write about a time that I was very afraid. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am scared of birds. Scratch that. I am terrified, petrified, scared out of my pants afraid of birds. It started when I was a child, and while I am working on knocking it, those beady eyes, pointy beaks, sharp claws, disease carrying feathers, and the bird's ability to fly faster than I can run have prohibited me from overcoming this fear. Some tell me its irrational and that I should seek help. I respond by asking what their greatest fear is. I then tell them I will take that fear, place them within that fear, and then see how they like it......

So yes, I still freak out when birds fly in my direction are anywhere within my proximity. And no, there were no flying doves at our wedding.....Here goes my story.....

Setting: Florence and Venice Italy Age: 12 years old. Circumstances: The birds were everywhere. In fact, the bird lady from Mary Poppins was there feeding them-thousands of them. She was covered in birds. My.worst.nightmare. Problem: You could not walk to our destination without going through the bird madness. If we had a picture this would be a good depiction:


And then there was the time that I was chased down the beach by an entire flock of these.viscious.creatures. One word:terrifying.
  

So that is the last time I remember being really afraid: the thought of a flock of birds pecking my eyes out. Or giving me bird disease. Or carrying me off to who knows where. So there's that.  

No comments: