Life lately has consisted mostly of time at home with Abigail, errands, groceries, laundry, and dishes, but mostly time at home. We were able to take a trip to North Carolina over July 4th for a lovely week with the Stier side of the family. It was Abigail's first time to North Carolina and the beach. Needless to say, there were lots of memories made. We took a boat ride and ate lunch on the river, watched fireworks, took several strolls along the beach, ate our weight in snow cones, played plenty of Rummikub, had dinner with some of Scott's lifelong friends and their wives, and just relaxed. Sadly, we stayed out of the water due to the recent shark attacks along the Carolina coast, but that did not deter us from having a great time. It was so nice being in Wilmington. I always return to Texas with Carolina on My Mind. For real. This time, it was hard to get back into the swing of reality. Big time.
However, the day after we returned Abigail got sick and then Scott and I got sick. I knew it was bound to happen. She is hitting the stage where she puts everything in her mouth and then thinks it is cute to touch our face or put her little fingers in our mouths. While adorable, not so cute when the little virus made its round. To be honest, we are two weeks out and just now getting back to feeling our normal selves again. So, we have been spending a lot of time at home so as to not infest others with the disease. In fact, I think there was a period of five days where I did not leave the house. I keep having to remind myself this is just a season.
In addition to seeing Scott's family in North Carolina, we also made a trip to one of our favorite places on earth, Chapel Hill, and met up with some beloved friends. I left feeling like I had tasted a little bit of what what Heaven will be like. Or at least what I hope Heaven will be like. Conversations around the living room, or coffee shop, or dinner at the "top of the hill." Laughter. Memories. Deep Conversations. Those are the days I live for. All so life giving.
Hope everyone is having a great week! Until Next Time Be Blessed....


No comments:
Post a Comment