I have decided to test out the world of blogging. I have heard that it is fun and a great way to keep up with people, but we shall see. I thought that I would at least give it a try. I love writing and especially about my feelings but I will try not to make this too insightful, sappy, or deep....all of which I tend to be. Hopefully some of these posts may inspire those of you that read them. We'll at least give it a whirl. So now here goes with my first official post.....
Today is Sunday. It has been a great day, but a long day. It all started when I went to church and heard a great sermon by my father. It was titled "Time Matters." As I sit here, a graduate from college without a job and without definite future plans, I am beginning to wonder what I am doing with my life. I want my time here on Earth to matter and I want to invest my time doing things that are wise and that make a difference in this world. What am I doing now that matters though? While I strive to matter, I was made aware that maybe I am not doing my best at making my time and life matter. So now I am on a quest to redeem the time that God has given me and making it matter for something! As I leave to begin my quest, I will leave you with a few words and insights from my day...
Make your time matter. Invest in something besides yourself. Walk in the Light of the Lord...Walk in love and give off the aroma of the glory of Christ. Know that there will be uncertainty in life but look to the light of Christ during these times. Know that to redeem the time that Christ has given us means that we don't have to live in our own power, but that we live in the power of Christ. Lastly, put Christ at the center of your heart and at the center of your time, which may mean saying no to a lot of other things, but in the end know that it will be so worth it.
Well, I guess that is it for my first post. I am stopping so that I have something for next time....until then be blessed.....
No comments:
Post a Comment