Friday, May 30, 2008

Time to Take Off!

As I write this morning, I am sitting here on a computer in the lobby of a hotel so this is going to be short and sweet. I came to Dallas yesterday and started my training for my trip to Guatemala. It was a long but great day! I met a lot of new people and a lot of anxiety went away as the day went on so that was an answered prayer! Now I am just excited beyond belief and ready to board the plane! It did hit me when we were praying at the end of the night. Our leader thanked God for those of us that were willing to give up a month of our life. As I stood there half listening to the rest of the prayer I wondered, what have I done?!? But overall, I am very excited and in the big scheme of things, one month of my life is not that long. I am so excited about all the God has in store for me and my team. I was definitely made aware that my type A personality that likes to know what is going on is going to be challenged this month (and already has been). It will be good for me though to have some spontaneity in my life and a time where I will be forced to be flexible. Maybe I will come back a changed person living life on Guatemala time...the relaxed way!

We have had a relaxing morning. Our plane leaves at 6 pm this evening, so we got to sleep in and just have some down time. After a busy day yesterday this was much needed. Thanks to all of you have been praying for me. Please continue to pray for me and my team. If you are interested in the trip, I am the official team blogger, which should be interesting, but check out the site listed below for updates on our trip!

http://itsmymission4kids.blogspot.com

I hope everyone has a blessed day and a blessed month! I am off to the beautiful country of Guatemala...apparently the country is filled with volcanoes that erupt every month so we will probably be there during this amazing sight of God's creation! It will be so cool to see this! It isn't everyday that you get to see lava flow down the side of a mountain so I am pumped about this!

Until next time...be blessed!

No comments: