So, since I haven't blogged in a few weeks, I will do a quick update on what I've been up to. I went on family vacation to Florida. One of my best friends Katie and her mom joined us for a few days where we shopped til we dropped. We had so much fun and laughed so hard we cried reminiscing about old memories. I love it when friendships never change regardless of distance or time. Yes, we did go to Magic Kingdom for a day, and surprisingly, I was just as excited about it at 22 as I was at 7. We rode every ride and watched the parades...it really is a place where dreams come true...haha. The rest of the week it rained, so sadly, I did not get the tan I was hoping for, but it was good to be with the family and relax a bit. When I returned home, I went to Celina's wedding in Waco and got to spend some quality time with my posse and dear ZTA friends! Lastly, I helped Mel move back to good 'ole Baylor U. It was here that I realized how odd it is that I am not returning there in the fall....it is bittersweet. It is weird that so much has changed in a summer. Life must go on I suppose....
So fast forward to this week. This week has been interesting to say the least. I got to see some family friends from Granbury and laugh harder than I have laughed since I was in Florida. I love to laugh...it is what seems to be getting me through life right now. While things in my life have not turned out quite like I planned, I might as well go ahead and laugh....It is neat to see how God works things out because that wonderful family dinner of laughter immediatly followed my first emotional break-down since graduation, mostly due to the fact that I am a single, unemployed college graduate living at home. And to top it all off, I have zero mode of transportation.....yes I know, such a sob story...once again...life does go on.
Yesterday after my break down, I sat at my desk for about five to six hours straight applying to jobs and doing some research. It is quite disheartening when I am trying so hard to find my place in this world, and nothing seems to work out. After talking to a previous boss today, almost in tears for need of a job, I was reminded that prayer is my weapon right now, waiting is my game, and that home may be where God has placed me in this season of life to mold me and teach me some lessons ...hard lessons, but lessons that need to be learned none the less. Humbing? Yes, I believe so....
Last night, I got the invitation to go to a Natalie Grant and Lindsey Kane concert in Austin. I was uncertain about the caliber of the concert, but desperate for interaction with young ladies my age, I decided to tag along. It is neat how God works because there was another young lady in my same shoes. I realized I am not alone in this world...haha. Further, the concert was much needed. Lindsey Kane sang a song about being beautiful and flawless in God's eyes, and Natalie Grant ended the concert talking about letting God love you, taking down your mask, and being the real you. This was such a message that I needed to hear. I think that so many times it is so easy to put on a mask and act as if everything is alright, while deep down inside you are dying piece by piece.
Yes, the concert was just what I needed. It forced me to think about this summer and where God has brought me today. As the summer comes to a close, I can honestly say that I have had a restful, relaxing, and much needed type of summer where I have learned so much about who God created me to be. I think that it is so easy to try to please other people and control situations in life. I have found myself doing this, and as a result of trying to make everyone else happy, I have forgotten who I am, my own desires, and needs. I want to be a person that gives more than I take, but sometimes I need to realize that in the midst of taking care of everyone else, I also have to take time to care for myself. I have also realized the importance 0f sitting back and letting God take the reigns of my life. This has been a summer of realization: what it means to let God truly rock my world, revolutionize my life, and craft His perfect plan for me....in His timing, not my own. I can honestly say that this has been one of the most liberating feelings I have ever had! It has not been an easy road and there are still struggles ahead, but I am determined that it is in brokenness that God creates the most beautiful artwork. I am learning day by day what it means to let God take the lead, be comfortable in my own skin, and that God is proud to call me His child. He loves me just the way that I am and that is something to be grateful for because I am most definately not perfect by any means! As a result, I am becoming comfortable and confident in my talents, abilities, and strengths, as well as my weaknesses, quirks, and complexities. Being comfortable with your weaknesses is hard! Humbling? I believe so...
So that is an update on my life! If you haven't done so yet, let God make you comfortable in your own skin and take control of your life! It is the most amazing thing that can ever happen to you when you become the real you that God created you to be! Until next time....be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment