Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life in the Real World

Monday I started a part time job. I am not enjoying the real world quite as much as I imagined, but I am immensely grateful for a job. Maybe my mind will change about the real world after a few paychecks! My job is only part time, and I am basically answering phones, doing some marketing, working with customers, and helping lease out property owned by the company I work for. I miss college and have not been more excited about going back to school as I have been this week! I am in a good mood, so I will share something with you that I do in my journal when I have a good day and want to write about it or when I have a bad day and need a pick me up! If you adopt this, it will change your outlook on life to appreciate the small things!

Reasons to Smile:
  • sweetened passion tea from Starbucks
  • meeting up with friends
  • a new car
  • the thought of stealing the security guard's car and taking it for a spin around the parking lot
  • doing to others as you would have them do unto you
  • tokens of appreciation
  • random acts of kindness
  • looking at my grandparent's wedding album
  • old fashioned love stories
  • marriage that lasts 50 years
  • finding someone that you can spend 50 years with
  • Mexican food
  • laughter around the dinner table
  • a much needed hair cut
  • sour patch kids
  • a surprise present
  • road trips
  • a sense of new found independence
  • freedom in Christ
  • love of a foreign country
  • a cool crisp evening
  • the colors of fall

Until next time....be blessed!

No comments: