Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quick Update...

This will be short and sweet as not to bore you, but I have had a very good week!!!

1. I did apply to Pier 1. They don't need help until the holidays but I did get my table! :)

2. While I may not have a job with Pier 1, if everything goes well, I may have another one lined up! I know...gasp...haha. It is with a real estate investment firm. I would be helping lease some town homes and doing administrative work. All I know is that this is very exciting of even the possibility! Money coming in and something to do with my time are a positive thing!

3. I am almost done with law school applications, and I got a new computer, which is a blessing because the buttons on this one are falling off, the battery doesn't stay charged so it is no longer a laptop, and it doesn't follow half of the commands I give it...interesting, I know. It might have made more sense to get a new computer before applications and a summer of spending all my time on the computer in "the office," but I am not complaining...there really is never a dull moment in my life...

4. I had a meeting with the youth minister at FBC, and I will start on Sunday working with 7th grade girls. This is ironic because my 7th grade year was dramatic and slightly tramatic...its just an awkward transition year, not to mention that I was immensely nerdy and awkward with poofy bangs, glasses, and braces, which is not a good combination for someone trying to survive in the halls of Meadows Middle School. Hopefully, I can help these girls have a more pleasant memorable experience than I had...once again, never a dull moment...

That is all for now. It has been a busy, yet successful week! Until next time, be blessed!

No comments: